Sunday, October 28, 2012

Crowd Funding

Some of you may have heard of “Crowd Funding” or “Cyber Begging” or any of the other newest buzz words involving, basically, raising money online: sometimes for a good cause, sometimes to help start a business, sometimes for no reason except that you need money. We’ve all been there at some point in our life …

I’m unfortunately in that situation right now. Little to no income for 3 years now, while we try to start up a new business … it doesn’t take long before the savings account gets depleted! But, we've got a great product and one customer who loves it! It's only a matter of time before we get more customers. In the meantime, we need more cash. Here's our business website: Geneva Systems Group

Anyway, I’ve got a PayPal “Donate” button here on my blog site, that I’ve had since I started this blog. It sure would be nice if some of my many readers would take the time to just click that button. You don't even need a Paypal account to donate (Paypal will accept credit card donations although your credit card company may charge a fee).

I'm thinking of putting another PayPal button here, specfically for this funding campaign, but until I do please use the only one on the page.

Every little bit helps and I’d sure appreciate it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Donate..? Why not call the button "Micro-Invest", and offer something back for donors..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I originally put the button on here with the intention of people maybe giving me a few bucks here and there in appreciation of my blog posts.

      It's only been recent that I thought I could use it to maybe get some support for our fledgling company. I suppose I could have added a new button, called it Funding maybe, but this one was already here. Lazy? No, just not thinking clearly. ;0)

      Investing, as in getting shares of the company, is supposedly illegal, so you can't really call it investing. I don't know what kinds of things you might want back ... certainly not the software itself, because that won't do you any good unless you're in the Public Safety market.

      We had been thining of running a Crowd Funding campaign on Indiegogo or KickStarter, but our research showed that it didn't usually work for companies such as ours. The "freebies" we would have given out were things like pens, refrigerator magnets or T-Shirts with our company logo.

      Delete
  2. Hi there!

    I had a look at http://genevasystemsgroup.com, I think you've got a really cool concept :) Besides making a donation, would you be interested in accepting volunteer based software development? From what I gather your system is of a commercial nature, which could make volunteer contributions somewhat tricky when it comes to exposing your intellectual property. I'm a C# developer, if you are interested I can volunteer some of my free time contributing to development tasks. Let me know at @DefaultSoftware on Twitter.

    Regards,
    Dewald Esterhuizen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewald,

      Thanks for your interest and your offer to volunteer! However, we really do not need developers at this time, we need customers!! It'll happen eventually, I'm certain.

      I'm curious though ... why would you want to volunteer to write code? Is it to gain experience? Is it just because you're bored and need something to fill up your free time? Or some other reason ....?

      ~~Bonnie

      Delete